December 16, 2015
In the plugged-in world we live in, it’s more important than ever before to monitor your ministry’s electrical system for overloaded circuits and faulty electrical systems. Below are precautions your ministry can take to prevent electrical fires at your ministry:
1. Hire a professional. Establish a maintenance contract with a qualified contractor. A record of inspection, with a maintenance log, should be posted near the boiler or furnace.
2. Don’t skip check-ups. Make sure a professional inspects your furnace or boiler and electrical system on a regularly bases.
3. Think before you store. Do not store flammable or combustible items near the furnace or boiler.
4. Power down. Remember to turn off electrical items, not in use, especially space heaters. Other specialized equipment, such as electronic musical instruments, and organ motors should also be turned off.
5. Test the smoke alarms. Make sure your smoke alarms work. Alarms that automatically alert emergency fire protection personnel are most valuable.
6. Check for warning signs. Regularly inspect electrical devices and appliances. Immediately replace anything that overheats, shorts, smokes, sparks, or shocks.
7. Unplug chargers. Chargers create heat and can malfunction. Use chargers properly, then unplug them.
8. Don’t overload or alter circuits. Avoid having too many devices plugged into a single circuit, and do not alter three-prong plugs or use adaptors to make them fit a two-slot outlet or extension cord.
9. Extend with caution. If you use extension cords, splitters, or power strips, use only commercially rated ones. Use them correctly, and only on a temporary basis.
10. Check the circuit breaker panel. Be sure all breakers are the proper size for each circuit and consider upgrading an older electrical system.
Let's take a stroll down memory lane to 1938 when General Electric made a groundbreaking move by introducing fluorescent tubes to the world. Even though the technology had been brewing since the late 1880s, it took time and the genius of several inventors to make it shine as a practical product.
We are living in a day and age of tremendous uncertainty. Like Joseph in Egypt, the physical world is incredibly unpredictable.
In the ever-changing realm of finances, the past few years have brought forth a whirlwind of alterations. Looking ahead, the next five years promise their fair share of surprises and uncertainties.
In the dynamic landscape of today's world, managing the HR needs of any ministry can be a complex and ever-changing endeavor. Whether you're dealing with sensitive situations that demand careful handling to avoid legal entanglements or aiming to proactively establish risk management strategies, the journey can be demanding.
As we gear up for the upcoming school season, it's a fantastic opportunity to take a closer look at the coverage we offer to our beloved students and dedicated volunteers.
Are you tired of constantly hearing about rising expenses? It seems like every time I turn around, whether it's at the grocery store, the gas station, or even dealing with insurance, I'm faced with the reality of higher costs.
Let's face it, the world is constantly changing, and it's fascinating to witness the rapid evolution happening around us. Some futurists even predict that in the next two decades, the rate of change could be four times what it is today, and an astounding 16 times in 40 years.